Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's Here!!!!

Ashley Ann Martin was born at 11:28 pm on Wednesday, May 27th...about 12 hours before the planned c-section! I started having pains during the day on Wednesday but just dismissed them as nerves/anxiety/etc. However, while we were enjoying our "last meal" at Olive Garden, the pain was a lot more severe and a lot more freqeuent. So, I called the on-call dr. and she said to some on in and get hooked up to a monitor. Sure enough, once I got hooked up and everthing, I was dilated to 2 cm and was 80% effaced and Dr. Collions was like, we're going to have a baby tonight! So, about 2 hours later here she is!!!!

Ashley Ann Martin
Daddy and his girls :)
Emily the big sister!

8 comments:

Audra said...

Hooray! She's SO sweet, Shelly. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

What wonderful pictures of a beautiful family!! She's just perfect. Hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie, just like big sis! Congrats!
Brianne

Michael said...

Congratulations!

Sisters said...

YAY!!! Congrats.
AJL

Lizzy said...

Congrats! Amazing that you already made a post after just having a baby! Glad you did so we could all see her! She's beautiful! Can't wait to see more! (of course, after you get some rest!!)

elaine said...

Congrats to the Martin family of 4!!! She is beautiful and Emily looks like a proud big sister!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you've already got stuff posted about Ashley! You go, super mom. :)

-Dara