Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Big Sunday Night

A few weeks ago was a big Sunday Night for us. It was the Spring Concert and all of the children's choirs and handbell groups performed. My handbell choir played as a big group for the first time since I have been the director! I was SO nervous but they did a GREAT job! Also, the 4-5 year old choir that I have been helping with sang. My friend Layne is officially the director of that group. However, on this particular night she got the stomach bug........shew :( So, I directed 1 song of handbells, then 2 songs of 4-5 year old choir, then the second song of handbells. Needless to say I was a little stressed out, but everyone did GREAT!

To top it off, we had decided to let Emily come to Big Church because she loves to listen to the handbells and she knew the songs that my little kids were singing. Aside from one tantrum at the beginning (a slight misunderstanding between her and Daddy :) she was perfect for the whole concert....well, I think they left at the next to last song. She got to see Mommy's groups perform and that was the most important :) Most of the little kids songs had some sort of motions that went to them so she would stand up and try to mimic what they were doing. When each group was finished she would just clap and say "Yeah!" It was so cute to watch her! We did decide that that was a one time only deal, I just don't think she's ready to sit through a real church service yet!
Sitting like a big girl!
She wanted to do just what the groups were doing!

2 comments:

Mauree said...

Thank you for teaching Miles. He loves to go to church on Wednesday nights. You did a great job. I would have never guessed you were nervous :).

Jenny said...

Shelly, I didn't know you were directing! That's so great! :)