Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks & 6 Days

That is how old Emily will be on Thursday when she becomes a Big Sister! Since I don't really journal anywhere else, if you can call this a journal, I thought I would update you on where Emily is at 2 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks & 6 Days! (Warning, this is a little longer than I thought it would be!) This is one of the very first pics of Emily and one of my favorites!

~ She sleeps through the night...has since she was 10 weeks old! She also takes a 1 1/2 -2 hour nap a day...this had better keep up for the next couple of months at least!

~ She is Potty Trained. I think I can say that, even though she does have accidents sometimes. Fortunately they are becoming few and far between! She does wear a Pull-Up at naptime and nighttime still. I don't think her Pull-Up will ever be dry at night, but they say it happens!

~ She loves to sing songs out of the hymnal. She knows the words to too many to name! Holy, Holy, Holy, I Come to the Garden, Jesus, Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children of the World, Lily of the Valley (most of the words). She also loves the songs Wonderful Words of Life and Showers of Blessings just to name a few.

~ She loves to read! She will just pick and book and start "reading" it. Depending on how well she knows they book, sometimes it is really close to what they book actually says! Sometimes she just makes it up as she goes along looking at the pictures!

~ She loves to talk! She talks all the time and in complete sentences, again something she has done for a while. She loves to ask Why? What are you doing Mommy? Where are we going Mommy? What's that?

~ She can count to 40 with only a little help from Daddy. From 1 - 20 for sure by herself! She knows the alphabet song and can recognize all of the letters of the alphabet when pointed to. She knows her shapes - circle, square and triangle. She knows all of the primary colors - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink.

~She can spell her name "E M I L Y" and recognize it when she sees it spelled out somewhere!

~ Her favorite color is pink.

~ She knows that she is 2 and can hold up her 2 fingers. She also knows that her birthday is in August and then she will be 3 and can show you 3 fingers!

~ She knows Baby Sister is coming on May 28th. She is so excited about it! She will say "I want to show Baby Sister this" or "when Baby Sister comes I will tell her about this". She is already asking "Can I help you with that Mommy?" and I know that she is going to be such a big helper when Baby Sister gets here!

~ She loves to say the prayer when we sit down to eat. It goes like this: "God is great, let us thank him for this food. Amen." She also likes to say her bedtime prayer, but we don't always remember this one! It goes like this: "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. May angels watch me through the night, and wake me with the morning light. Amen."

~ When we put her to bed at night she loves to give hugs and kisses and will say "Good Night, I love you Mommy/Daddy!"

~ She loves to tell us her secret: "Emily loves you"! Which she actually whispers in our ear!

~ She loves to play outside and can ride her tricycle all by herself!

~ She loves to play with her friends. Usually when she gets up in the morning she will ask "Who is coming over today?" or "Who's house are we going to today?" I don't know if this means we do way too much or what, but it's cute!

~ She wears size 3T to 4T clothes, depending on the brand, and a 8 1/2 - 9 size shoe. Again, it just depends on where we get it from!

~ She sleeps great in her big girl bed! She has asked one time to sleep in her crib again, but that was just one day when we were working in there for the new baby. She does not get up when she wakes up from her nap or bedtime. She will say "Mommy, I'm awake" and wait on me to go and get her up :)

~ Her favorite restaurants are Chick-Fil-A and Olive Garden. She recognizes all kinds of stores as we are driving around including the bank, the post office and lots of restaurants! Again, is this a sign we get out too much!

~ She loves to get out her microphone, put on her princess dress and shoes and stand up on the fireplace and sing to us! She also loves for her Daddy to dance with her! She will wear her princess dress and shoes anytime over having to put clothes on! She calls herself a "girly girl" and it is so true! She doesn't get it from me, that's for sure :) But she loves to put make-up on, dresses, earrings, high heels, etc.!

~ She loves to do puzzles. She can put together her Abby Cadaby and Elmo puzzles all by herself. She can also put together several others all by herself!

~ She knows that she lives on Bluff Creek Loop in Springdale, Arkansas. She also knows that Mimi, Bub, Gigi and Grandmother live in Fort Smith, that Aunt Vicky & Uncle Jeremy live in Dallas, TX and that Grandma & Pa live in Harrison. She can also recognize Arkansas and Texas on her map!

~ She is a sweet, funny, hilarious, cute, smart, beautiful, caring, bright little girl who we just can't imagin living without! She brings so much joy to our lives every day and we Thank God for her! I know she is going to be a wonderful Big Sister! I can't wait for her to meet her Baby Sister!

No comments: