Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mommy's "Business Trip"

I took a "business trip" to Dallas all by myself! Charles had a few days he needed to schedule off and I said maybe I could go to Dallas to spend some time with Vicky and he could stay home and spend some "daddy" time with the girls :) I told him to take off on Friday, the 21st and Monday, the 24th. Well, he took off on Thursday and Friday the 21st and 22nd. I said that was fine, but that he would have to take the girls to Emily's 3 year check-up and dentist appointment on that Thursday (which is why I had originally told him to take off only on Friday, I knew I was going to have to take the girls :)! After much consideration, he decided to leave it as Thurs and Fri and asked Gigi to come up and stay with Ashley while he and Emily went to the appointments!

I had a great time! Vicky was not back at work yet, but we got to go to the stadium and visit and get a behind-the-scenes look the day before the first home game. Everyone was so stressed out and planning on staying there all night! It was so cool to see everything! There were busses and trucks driving around in the tunnels!

We also went to Founder's Park. The COOLEST park I have ever been to I think! It is right at the end of the runways at DFW!!! You can just sit there and watch airplanes all day! AND they air the Air Traffic Control on a loud speaker! It was just awesome! We were there for over 2 hours I think! I have always had a fascination with airplanes, I could seriously just sit there all day! I highly recommend it to everyone!

I had a great weekend! I am going to have to take "business trips" more often :) Thank you so much to Jeremy, Hadley and Vicky for the wonderful hospitality!
The place is HUGE!
Aunt Vicky & Hadley
Putting down the endzone!
View from Founder's Park!
747 taking off....amazing! How does it get off the ground?!?!?

No comments: