Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dollar City

Last Saturday we took Emily to Silver Dollar City for the day. We went last summer and she was 2 inches too short for almost everything! I said we weren't going back until she was 36", apparently the magic ride number! So she is finally 36 1/2" :)

We made the mistake of telling her about a week in advance that we were going! Every morning she would wake up and ask me if it was tomorrow, her way of figuring out what we were doing that day! She would then ask if it was Saturday and i'd have to say no, then we'd go through what days were left. Anyway, finally Saturday came and when I went to get her out of bed she said "I have had a good rest so I am ready for Party, no Fun, no Dollar City (she has to go through all the "cities" that she knows :)!

When we finally got there she had a wonderful time! She was tall enough to ride all of the kiddie rides and a few of the big kid rides! She even rode the Fire in the Hole a REAL roller coaster! I can't believe my Baby Girl is old enough to ride a roller coaster! We stayed there for 8 hours! I really didn't think we'd last that long, especially without her having a nap that day! But, as Charles said all she had to do was sit in her stroller and go from ride to ride, we did all the walking and pushing :) She even got to see the Veggie Tales show! She was a little sad that she forgot to ask Bob and Larry why they had feet (the characters she got her picture made with had feet, but in the TV show and the Branson show they don't have feet because they are vegetables...is she smart or what?!?!)

Anyway, we had a great day! No major meltdowns or arguments between anyone :) Emily even wore big girl panties all day with no accidents! I thought for sure she'd be asleep in 3 minutes on the way home! But no, she talked all the way home about our next visit to Dollar City :)

Ready for the day!

Her face says it all!
Yes, my Baby Girl rode this...twice!!!
If you look close you can see Emily and Charles!
Such a big girl!
Riding the ladybugs
Posing with Veggietales!
Riding the elephants

No comments: