Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Gymnastics Class

Back in January we decided to switch Emily's gymnastics classes. The class we were in was a Mommy & Me class that was totally wearing me out....and I didn't have to do that much, just chase Emily around :) So, we decided to move her into a new class at a new place where Mommy could watch Emily do gymnastics :)

It all happened pretty quickly one morning. I called the new place to see when there would be a spot open for her and they said she could actually start that day! I told them I didn't think that would work and would need to check with the old place to see what worked for them. So, I called the old place to see how much notice they needed before we quit and they said that we could quit that day! So, I called the new place back and we started class there at 10:30 that morning! We picked that class because Emily's friend Lily was in it and Mommy's friend Tracey would be there too!

Emily seems to really like it! She has asked a couple of times about her Old Miss Katie (the teacher at the old place) and if we are going back there, but that was just back when we first started. They do the bars, trampoline, beam, floor, etc. every week so she gets a good variety! Mommy really likes it because I get to go upstairs and sit in the "stands" and watch Emily :)

This past Monday was a pretty funny day at gymnastics. It started off about 15 minutes into class with Emily running across the gym yelling something to me. As she got closer I could tell she was yelling "I've got to poo poo! Mommy, i've got to poo poo!!" So, I ran downstairs and we went to the bathroom and took care of business :) Gymnastics is the only place where Emily still wears a pull-up. She always goes to the bathroom during class and her pull-up is always dry, but it makes me nervous to put her in panties! Anyway, funny thing #1.

They always play different music during class. Sometimes it's Disney songs, sometimes it's Christian rock and sometimes its kind of rock/dance songs. Well, the past Monday that is what it was. The song "Who Let the Dogs Out" comes on the and Emily just starts going crazy! "Who Let the Dogs Out Mommy, it's Who Let The Dogs Out, Woof, Woof" :) She's all dancing around and singing and everyone is just cracking up! I was laughing so hard I was crying. My friend Tracey was like "That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!" I quickly explained to all the other Mommy's sitting there that Emily had gotten a Hallmark card that played that song for Valentine's Day :)

Anyway, here are some pics from her new gymnastics class. They are a little dark, but I think you can see them.
Playing in the castle!
Learning how to do a cartwheel.
Swinging "like a monkey"!
Doing the mermaid like Ariel! This is one of Emily's favorite things!
This is a toddler eliptical machine....too cute!

No comments: