Monday, January 26, 2009

Deep Thoughts....

I cannot begin to write down all of the amazing things that Emily says, does, remembers, everything! Each day it is something new and exciting for her! I thought I would just write about a few things that came to mind!


~ Emily has really started to think and ask about different things. Her favorite word is "Why?" and she says it ALL THE TIME! Anything we say, it's "Why?". Or, if we tell her not to do something...it's "Why not?"! Anyway, we drove by some houses under construction and Emily said "Why are those houses all torn up?". So, I explained to her that they weren't actually torn up but that they were just now being built, they were under contruction. Then, my brilliant 2 year old comes up with "Why do people build houses?"!! I promise these were the exact words out of her mouth :) I was so impressed first that that was such a big sentence and second that she could actually think that! So, then, I told her how all houses were built at some point and that Emily's house and Aunt Vicky's was under construction at one point too. So now, when we drive by those houses, Emily says "Those houses are building!".


~ Emily was sitting in my lap and started looking at my mouth. Charles has had a fever blister on his lip, so she's really into lips right now. Anyway, as she was looking in my mouth, she said "What's this?". I thought she was pointing to my teeth so I told her they were my teeth. She said, "No, not teeth. The pink stuff." Then Irealized she was talking about my gums :) So
I told her they were gums and that everyone had them. So, she had to feel her gums, then she had to feel Daddy's gums! Then she said "Why do we have gums?". Then we had to see Emily's in the bathroom mirror!


~ Her favorite hymn now is Holy, Holy, Holy. She can even find it in the hymnal...pretty easy being #1. So, tonight while I was rocking her she kept saying "Hold me, hold me". I said I am holding you baby girl. Then she said it again and I said I am holding you! Then she said "No Mommy, Holy, Holy, Holy in the book!"


~ She loves to say that she is going to get a Baby Sister in June :) We aren't really sure what to tell her about how she will get a Baby Sister. So, we just left it as she will get one in June!


~ We watched the Inauguration last Tuesday and tried to tell Emily about what was going on. She learned how to say President Obama but other than that, I didn't think she was paying any attention. Today while we were watching the weather channel a picture of the Capital Building came on and Emily pointed and said "President Obama"! I said, "Yes, that is where President Obama works." I guess maybe she was paying attetion ;)

No comments: