Thursday, June 25, 2009

Emily Cuteness!!!

Emily has gotten to be such a big girl lately! I don't know if it's because Ashley is here now, but it just seems like Emily has grown up all of a sudden! Right now she is a talker!!! I couldn't wait for the day for her to start talking....now I don't get a moment of quiet until she's alseep! Here are a few of her "musings" I've heard lately:

~ As we were driving the other day:
Emily: "Ugh, Ugh....."
Me: "Emily what are you doing?"
Emily: "I'm trying to get my toe off."
Me: "Off of what?"
Emily: "Off of my foot!"

~ At night when we are laying down and I forget to say our prayers she will say "Mommy, let's talk to God!"

~ When we pull up to cars that are already stopped or if cars start moving before we do she'll ask me why are we going backwards!
~ As I'm driving she is constantly asking me "What's that, what's that, what's that." She doesn't understand that I can't see what she's pointing to A: because i'm driving and B: because she now sits directly behind me instead of behind the passenger seat!

~ The other night she was telling Daddy about how her and Lily had gotten into the alcohol (or as she says O-kahol) in Ashley's room. She thought it was a pretty funny story until Daddy started getting on to her, then she proceeded to tell him: "Mommy's already done that Daddy." I guess she didn't want to get in trouble again :)

~ We have been blessed by so many friends who have brought dinner to us these last 4 weeks. Last night was the first night I cooked a meal in I don't know how long. As we were sitting down to eat Emily said: "Who brought it tonight?"

~ The other day we went for our first playday at a friend's house. As I was getting Ashley changed and dressed Emily asked me: "Is she going too?" Then she proceeded to ask me "Is Ashley going to get out at Tarah's or just wait for us in the car?"

She is just precious and I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world either! If she could just give me a few minutes of quiet during the day or while i'm driving!

No comments: